Friday, September 2, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

This year in school, I have to read at least 40 books in a variety of different genres. After I read each book, I'll write a book review.  This book review is for the first book I have read this year.




I just finished reading Dear Dumb Diary, Am I the Princess or the Frog by Jim Benton. This book is about a girl named Jamie who is in middle school and she has a diary. Jamie has a crush on the new student teacher at school, and she thinks he loves her too. She can't wait to find out the truth.

In Dear Dumb Diary, Am I the Princess or the Frog there are some cool characters.  Jamie, the main character, wants to be cool like her best friend Isabella, who is all about being cool. Angeline is a pretty girl that Jamie does not like. Mr. Prince is the new student teacher that Jamie loves.

This book is set in a middle school. This setting works with the story because that is where all the outrageous and tragic stuff happens. My favorite part of this book is that the author really teaches a lesson at the end. This book is really entertaining all the way through!

What I like about this book is that it is a funny way to look at middle school. I loved every part of this book. I adore Jim Benton's Dear Dumb Diary series. I recommend this book to children eight and older. If you loved Diary of a Wimpy Kid you'll love Dear Dumb Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment