Friday, October 7, 2011

The 6th Grade Nickname Game

I've read a lot of books in my life, and The 6th Grade Nickname Game by Gordon Kormon is one of the best books I've ever read.



The 6th Grade Nickname Game has some of the funniest quotes, stories, and of course nicknames. This book is about two sixth grade boys that are best friends. Their names are Wiley and Jeff. The two of them together is about the worst thing you could possibly live with in the 6th grade.  Not that they're bullies, they are worse, their Nickname Kings. They like to give people nicknames, but they're not always nice.  For example, Charles Rossi is nicknamed Snoopy because he is always eavesdropping. Crusty Bones, I mean Christy Jones because of her crusty bones,  is another of Wiley and Jeff's mean nicknames.  The book gets interesting when Cassandra Levy, the new girl at school, comes into the story.  She tears the two boys apart when they both want to take her to a dance.  What will Jeff and Wiley do without each other?

 I recommend this book for 5th grade and older because it is more difficult than it looks.  I would definitely buy this book for kids that love books that are funny.  Every time I picked up this book it seemed to get better and better. I think you should read this book before you get a nasty nickname from Jeff and Wiley for not reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment