Saturday, June 23, 2012

Book club

There are a lot of blogs that do kind of read along book clubs. Where you like read a book and write about it on the blog and people can follow along with you. Well I've decided to start one of those book club blogs. So I will start today. I started a book a few weeks ago called Newsgirl it is written by Liza Ketchum. Just to give you a little teaser. It is about a girl named Amelia who moves to California with her Mom and her friend, Estele. It is put in the time line of the California Gold Rush. So there aren't many woman in California. Estele and Amelia's mom planned to sell dresses in California,but who will buy their dresses. They have to deal with that California isn't a very safe place for women. Amelia wants to help her mom get money so she decides to sell newspapers, but could that be the safest job for just a little girl?

My Mom read this book first and she said it was wonderful. If you would like to follow along with my reading club than you may become a follower or member. Feel free to leave comments about what books you think would be good for this book club. Or how you like the book. I'll keep on writing about where I'm in the book and what my opinion of the chapter or book is! KEEP TUNED AND READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment